Garden Plans & Wisdom Teeth

Decadent mid-afternoon reading on a weekday. A rarity, I assure you. A "day off" to take my daughter to the oral surgeon to have wisdom teeth extracted and also a horrid sounding bone graft which is the result of a run in with a bull (not kidding) 5 years ago in Portugal. I was keeping her company while she tried to get some much needed sleep on the sofa.  

What better time to make plans for the spring garden?

I have decided to try my hand at starting the seeds indoors to give them a bit of a head start.  I have not done this before but it seems like a fun thing to do and I have nothing to lose but a few seeds if it does not work out.  So I have been reading about what to start in-doors and when.

One drawback of my house is that there really is no perfect sunny spot for indoor gardening.  I will have to devise some kind open shelving in the kitchen where the only direct sun peeks in and see how that goes. Things may have to be relocated temporarily for the seedlings.  I will grow the things that I have a difficult time growing from seed in the short growing period we have - broccoli, Brussels spouts and tomato for sure.  Some lettuces for early picking perhaps?  

Sadly for now, all I can do is plan and dream.  Winter is still here for a while and this project does not need to be started until the end of February - unless Mother nature decides to give us an early Spring.



Comments

Popular Posts