Baah Ram Ewe

Counting sheep did not work last night as I lay awake for hours in the middle of the night.  My daughter had gone out and her departure at 11:00 pm or so (guessing at that - but really- who goes out at 11:00 ?) woke me and I did not fall back asleep until she had returned around 3:00 am.  I don't know what kept me up but I was concerned about her for some reason. My concern was unfounded as it turns out (thankfully).

I do not usually worry excessively when my kids are out late.  To date they have never done anything (that I know of) to cause concern. They have always been responsible and honest and for this I am lucky and thankful.  I certainly gave my own mother much more cause for worry.

Long gone are the days when they were in bed before me and I knew that they were safely tucked in their beds when I went to mine.  I remember (vaguely) having that much energy - sigh.

Counting sheep did not work.  Thinking about sheep made me think about farms, which made me think about gardening and before I knew it I was planning what I would plant in the spring which made me think of vegetables which reminded me I was hungry .. and on and on.. 



p.s. no wonder this morning of Day 3 had me dying for a coffee :(




Comments

Popular Posts