My Point of View

When I look at the view in front of me as I write this blog* it is hard for me to believe that two summers ago the view was so different.  Also hard to believe how much it will change in a few months when the snow comes. But, I trust that next year it will be back to the beauty that is in front of me now.  Except, unfortunately, for Rudy's tree.  Rudy is my backdoor neighbour and he delivered the bad news that he will be cutting his maple tree down.  I was upset enough last year when he nearly pruned the tree to death. I was so happy that he left the branches to grow this year and that the tree looks so healthy.  Don't get me wrong, other than the tree situation, Rudy is a great gardener and loves to grow things.  His backyard is lush and green and tropical looking with all sorts of annuals, perennials, vegetables and fruit.  He often (generously) hands me over the fence perennials that he has divided.  Before this sad news, he gave me a Rose of Sharon to plant.  Maybe that was his way of trying to soften the blow about the tree.  There is nothing I can do to change his mind about cutting the tree down.  It is on his side of the fence and it is smaller in diameter than requires a permit to cut it down.  I can only hope that he changes his mind.  If not, I will be grabbing a box of tissues when I hear the chain saw.  I will soon be shopping for a tree to plant in its place but on MY side of the fence.

*literally writing with pen and paper, as I always do before I type on the computer. Strange and old fashioned I know, but I think better with paper and ink.

The view as I blog - including my newly painted toenails

A view of the shed as it will be in a few months - winter

Rose of Sharon from Rudy

Rudy's Maple Tree

Comments

Popular Posts