Laughter is the Best Medicine

That is a saying that might be overdone but oh how true it is! 

Studies show that laughter is as good as exercise at reducing stress, keeping our hearts healthy, burning calories, improving our relationships and enhancing our general well being.  With all that proof to back it up I think I should do it more often.  As my kids would attest to, I am not a laugher.  I don't find that much really funny. I chuckle at things, but rarely do I get to an all out belly laugh. When I do laugh it is usually at something unexpected and silly (and then you don't want to witness it because once I get started it is difficult to stop).  For some reason the movie George of the Jungle will set me off and my son swears I laughed uncontrollably at Austin Powers - Gold Member.  I don't remember that - there must have been wine involved. 

I am the first to admit I have a laughing deficiency in my life. When I am at work I hear my boss laugh. She laughs a lot and she has a great laugh - she really means it.  I am envious of her ability to find humour in so many things.  So, I vow to laugh more going forward.  As I write this blog I am watching (well, sorta watching) Anna and Kristina's Grocery Bag.  They make me laugh (ok, chuckle).  If you like cooking shows and haven't seen them, tune in.  Cute calamity in the kitchen. Ha ha ha.

Feel free to comment and tell me what makes YOU laugh.  I need help. Point me in the right direction.

Our cat Jack.  He makes me laugh because he is goofy.

Comments

Popular Posts