Having a Martha Stewart Day

That's what my daughter calls it when I get into a groove of cleaning, organizing and most of all cooking (this would be the cooking for the enjoyment not the necessity). Especially if she wakes up to a big breakfast she likes to say I am having a Martha Stewart day.  I think before Martha Stewart they were called Susie homemaker days.  Whatever you want to call it, when the urge strikes I guess I should go with it.  Today was not a big breakfast, but because it was raining outside and cool enough that having the oven on didn't seem ridiculous, I thought I would make some muffins for breakfast.  These are definitely one of my favourite muffin recipes. I am not sure where this recipe originated (it was passed to me from my Mom who got it from my sister Andria)  and therefore, since I cannot point you in the right direction, I am including it as part of this blog.  I usually cut the recipe in half but these muffins freeze very well if you make the whole batch.





Raspberry Muffins

4 cups all purpose flour
2 cups white granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups fresh or frozen raspberries (if frozen berries, do not thaw before using)
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups sour cream (I usually use plain unsweetened, 1% or 2% yogurt as it is most often on hand in the fridge)
1 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

  • In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Add berries and toss gently till coated.  Set aside.
  • In a separate bowl combine eggs, sour cream, oil and vanilla; mix well.
  • Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients just until moistened. 
  • Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
  • Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done.
  • Makes 24 standard size muffins.

Rainy day raindrops..


Comments

Popular Posts