Side Trips

When life gets difficult and seems like a constant struggle I wonder if I am on the right path.  My thinking has always been that if it is right it should be easy; the path should be clear and the light should be straight ahead.  

Lately I have begun to change my thinking.  Just because things are not easy does not necessarily mean they are not right. A side trip off your path may mean it is a time for healing or growth.  The side trip may come with unexpected emotions that may make you want to turn back to what you knew before, what was comfortable.  

Maybe to get to the next place we need to leave the comfortable path we were on and take a side trip.  We need to trust that healing and growing will happen and the path will eventually seem right and comfortable again. We need to let our journey unfold.


Comments

Popular Posts