Comfort and Joy

After three days of feeling pretty lousy with a flu bug today I was feeling somewhat better and decided it would be a day of doing comforting things that bring me joy.

One thing that brings me comfort (and other people joy) is baking.  This morning I made a raspberry loaf for breakfast.  After that I went shopping finally bought a crock pot.  My Mother has been telling me for years to get one.  After some debate over a basic one or one with a timer, a friend convinced me it was worth the extra money to get one with a timer.  I am hoping this crock pot will bring me some comfort and joy.

Later in the afternoon I spent some time putting together a seasonal display of greenery.  The cedar smells so heavenly.

Dinner was the ultimate comfort meal (at  least for my English blood) - bangers and mash (I forgot to take a picture so you will have to trust me it looked yummy and tasted yummier).

Feeling better and comforted by rituals and a full stomach of delicious food.


Baking is joyful


eating it even more so

comforting meals while I work = joy

Seasonal greenery

Pine, cedar, juniper, dogwood, birch, pine cones,
magnolia leaves and dried hydrangea


Comments

Popular Posts