Learning to Fly


Superman does not have to worry about any competition from me any time soon :-)

These photos were taken as a part of an assignment for a photography course I am taking.  Though I didn't do that well on the flying or the photo quality I understand the real lesson behind that assignment:  be creative, take risks, don't worry about the perfect shot, capture the feeling and most of all have fun.  I was laughing so hard that my energy for flying quickly drained.

This course has been a lot of fun and I will be sad when I am finished.  One thing I have been reminded of while completing the assignments is how differently we all see the same things.  With the instructor's prompts I am learning how to approach things in a way I didn't think of.

The course is less of a lesson in how to use your camera technically and more about how to see beauty, colour, light, movement, and emotion - about how something you might ordinarily overlook is extraordinary. It is about having the courage to be yourself - unique and imperfect.  It is about honoring what you have to share with the world.

The rest of this weeks assignment is self portraits.  Not something I am relishing doing. Like many people I do not like pictures of myself.  I am critical of my appearance as I am noticing the signs of aging.  I guess I am going to have to get over it, accept it and embrace it.

Next course I am taking is how to dream.  BIG. More on that next time.

For now... up up and away!

Learning to fly

But I ain't got wings
Coming down is the hardest thing
All done.. yay!

Comments

Ann Summerville said…
Looks like fun. I wore my poor dog out when trying to take moving pictures for a photography class.
Ann

Popular Posts