I Know

The indescribable beauty of early morning sun glistening on the dew that drenches every leaf, needle and blade of grass.

The trust of my child's hand in mine.
The wonder in their eyes as everything is new.

The silence of a clear, crisp winter day pierced by the screech of a blue jay and the crunch of snow under my boots.

The beat of my heart.
Anticipation, delight, and comfort of love's embrace.

The astonishing and instant love for my newborn baby.
The delight tinged with sadness watching my children learn and grow.

Laughing till it hurts with my best friends.
Sharing dreams, stories, sorrows and fears.

The rustle of the aspen leaves, smell of pine needles.
The delight of golden leaves against the blue autumn sky.

Tears.
Fear that makes the blood pound in my ears.

Exquisite moments I wish would never end.
Taking snapshots in my mind.

Sunlight warming my face.
Dreams that won't be squashed.

The rhythmic sound of waves lapping against shore.
The lightness of being enveloped in water.

Letting go of love, fear and anger.
How to say I love you, I am sorry, and thank you
and meaning it.








Comments

Anonymous said…
Beautiful words and thoughts Ally! From one of those that you have laughed till it hurts with.
Allison said…
Not sure which of my BBB's left this message but thank you. Missing the laughs tremendously !

Popular Posts