Garden Update

I have been neglecting the garden lately, and therefore, neglecting blogging about it.  In my defence the garden has not required too much attention because the harvest is almost finished, the weeds are pretty much non existent, and I haven't even had to water much.  This combined with back to school, back to routine, shorter evenings (sunset today was officially 7:39 p.m. boo hoo - I am NOT looking forward to winter) means I have not had much time for the garden.

What is happening in the garden is that my sunflowers are stunningly beautiful (if I do say so myself), and they make me feel happy just to look at them, the Brussels sprouts are coming along nicely, lots of beans on my bean tree, red peppers ripening and the tomatoes are still producing.  I was very disappointed with my trash can potato harvest, but will try again next year.


Small potato harvest :-(
Although I long to live in the country and have an enormous garden someday,  right now it is not about the size of my harvest so much as it is the pleasure of working in the garden, enjoying being outside, watching things grow and enjoying the beauty.


Sunflower

Brussels Sprouts


Beans
Sweet Red Peppers

Comments

Popular Posts