Yesterday


Yesterday I was in the garden. 

I think if I could spend one full day a week in my garden my mind, body and spirit would feel well balanced.  The weeding, the dead heading, the pruning, the digging, the picking- all good.  I could do without the intense heat and humidity as well the abundance of pesky bugs that we have this year. The earwigs and Japanese Beetles ranking highest on my most disliked list.  Thankfully my son does not mind hunting down and disposing of the bugs.  


Yesterday's harvest
Yesterday's dinner

As I was working away, I was happy to see several Monarch Butterflies and Goldfinches enjoying the Purple Coneflower.   I think I will have to plant more of those.  Unfortunately my camera was not in hand and so I just enjoyed the sight while they were there. I will try to catch a photo next time.

Purple Coneflower 

 I have a cat who was gardening with me.  It did not take long for the birds to notice his presence.  The butterflies did not care about him but pretty much anything that moves in the garden is fair game for the cat so they need to be careful.  I keep a water gun nearby to keep his hunting skills in check.

My gardening companion Jack

Have I mentioned my love of  Daylilies?  They are blooming up quite a lovely show right now.










Comments

Anonymous said…
superb description! keep with this great stuff
My web site: Homes for sale in mcallen tx

Popular Posts