Saturday in the City

While everyone else seems to have vacated the city to cottage country we did just the opposite and went into the city for the day.
.
View of the top of the  CN tower from where
I safely sipped a beer at a restaurant patio

Note:  I have never been up the CN Tower.  No ambition to do so either as I am afraid of heights
It has been a while since I have ventured my way down town.  I am not a city girl. It seems I can be lured by a 2-level Pottery Barn and a bakery.


My daughter Meghann
My son Jordan
Yours truly
It was a good day for a city trip.  Sunny and warm but not humid and there was a nice breeze.  My dilemma of the morning was what to wear to look city fashionable, but still be comfortable enough to walk around for hours.   Once that was settled off we went on the GO train and then the subway visiting Queen Street West and Bloor Street


Our last stop of the day was Bakerbots Bakery.  A friend of my daughters from UofT co-runs this bakery that opened up just over a year ago.  A little gem at Ossington and Delaware it is worth stopping by.  I had home made mint chocolate ice cream and Meghann and Jordan both had them lemon cream.  As much as all the baked goods looked delicious I decided on one of each flavour of home baked cookies to bring home. 

Red Velvet Cupcakes
Black & White  Cupcakes
Chocolate Cake
Macarons
Cookies

A good day in the city.  But I still prefer the country.
Perhaps a Bakerbots West?








Comments

Popular Posts