Summer

A couple of weeks have passed now since I have been able to write here.  Not for lack of trying, but the words and feelings would not find their way out of me.  

Shortly after I posted my last blog in the early morning of June 12th I heard about the horrific shootings (massacre) in Orlando.  My daughter was in tears watching the news and though I tried to soothe her, there were no words I could say to make it alright.  My heart felt like it was breaking.  I too was in tears.  Since then I have had no words.  

In the weeks since, I have wondered often how do I convince my children that there is good in the world when at times I am unable to see past the bad?.  How do I teach them to have faith, keep going, keep putting one foot in front of the other, when it is difficult to see a future that holds anything bright? The answer is only to keep going myself.  To try to look beyond the hateful ignorance of some individuals and see the light that is in many others.  To focus on the beauty and love that exists in the world alongside it's ugliness and atrocities.  

There will always be darkness in the world but there also will always be light.

And so, summer begins - the longest, lightest day of the year with a full (strawberry) moon - a rare occurrence on the summer solstice.  It is a powerful and positive time astrologically. 





This is the second Sagittarius Full Moon this season, and a bright note that coincides with Summer Solstice!
"In this perilous sea of delusion and overwrought emotion, Sagittarius makes a beeline for the fiery trail that’s true. It’s on June 20th, and at 29 degrees, which is the master degree, a kind of last blast.
The Sagittarius Moon is jolted awake with Uranus in a stimulating trine from Aries. It’s one of those moments, you know the kind, where the pieces fuse together in a new awareness— and suddenly the future looks brighter…
What’s outstanding, too, is that Mercury (in Gemini) forms a triggering T-square with Saturn-Neptune. If you’re being triggered by life, and overwhelmed, this could be one of thosebreakthrough moments.
My tip for this peak is to trust your higher moral conscience, and sense of what’s true.If you sense you’re drowning in confusion, the steps to awareness could be giant ones now.
You can blaze your own trail with moral courage, an open mind and willingness to question all you know…
…it’s possible to see through many filters, and have an exhilarating breakthrough — the kind that becomes a kind of addiction to truth seekers.
The leap of logic here is that if we don’t get swamped by facts or delusions, there is a bright path to walk ahead.”
© Copyright 2016 MOLLY HALL

To celebrate the start of summer, a season of light and colour, I made summer pie - strawberry rhubarb.    Fresh Ontario strawberries and rhubarb from the garden.  Made with love. I am not a great pie baker, but this one turned out very well.














Comments

Popular Posts