Practice

I sometimes forget -

How to be present.  How to let things go. How to breathe.

These past few weeks (months?)  I find myself so wound up in someone else's whirlwind (tornado) of a life that I am feeling like I am perpetually a part of it.  It wears me out.

Like a sponge, I seem to let myself get saturated with other peoples emotions and stresses taking them on like they are my own.  I have always had a hard time separating myself from those around me - being there, but separate.

The art of being detached while being a loving caring person is a tough one. Most of us tend to go too far one way or the other - either building the walls too high and strong or else getting so involved that other peoples needs suck the life right out of us. Everyone needs a  healthy balance of love and compassion along with being able to set boundaries.

I practice and that is all I can do.

Each day stepping on to my  mat, and taking a deep breath.  This time is for me.
For my mind, my body, my spirit.

This is where I find myself and see myself. This is where I know who I am. Where I know what is mine to feel and to own.

Each day I must practice.

Because there is no perfection.




Comments

Popular Posts