Missing You

your silly jokes - that I always found funny - we share a similar sense of humour

the way  you laughed silently eyes streaming when you found something really funny - I do the same

your quiet calmness - especially when I am usually so frazzled

the way you were so certain that things happen for a reason - when I feel there is no reason

the way you knew all the real meanings of the words in Balderdash - who knows that many words?

the way you gave advice without telling me what to do- you  let me find my own way

your love of the finer things - though you owned hardly anything

the crumbs you left on the counter - your granddaughter does the same (we call her Princess Crumb-a-lot)

the endless crossword puzzles and asking me the answers to the clues when you knew the answers anyway - I never "had a clue"

shopping together for Christmas presents - your total joy in giving something special

your love of nature and capturing it on film - the apple does not fall far from the tree

I feel selfish saying I miss you when you are missing so much more. I love you Dad and wish you could still do all the things I miss.

http://www.lbda.org/










Comments

Anonymous said…
I absolutely love your blog and find many of your post's to be just what I'm looking for.
Would you offer guest writers to write content for you?
I wouldn't mind publishing a post or elaborating on a lot of the subjects you write concerning here.
Again, awesome web site!

Popular Posts