A walk through town

...while waiting to pick up my son from his job at the bakery (a job that could prove to be bad for my waistline).  The night air was chillier than I expected but still.  Not too many people out and about on a Tuesday night.  All the shops closed except for coffee shops and restaurants.  Downtown Oakville is picturesque and still retains the feeling of a small town though surrounded to the north, east and west by suburbs (south is the lake).

The lights were twinkling and the moon was full (almost) and very bright.  This time of year I love the cheer of glittery lights and trees.  I am going to do my very best to not be scroogy like this holiday season and enjoy the things I love most about Christmas.. traditional music, scrumptious food,  twinkling lights, clear crisp nights and most of all, family time.  (oh, and Starbucks red cups).






Comments

Popular Posts