King Kong, Laundry and Gingerbread Boys

What do those three things have in common?  Absolutely nothing, normally.

As I mixed up the batter for the annual treat of gingerbread boys the ROARS of King Kong fill the kitchen.  Ideally it would be holiday music filling my ears.  Not so, today.  In between batches of cookie dough I fold laundry.  You might wonder what this has to do with anything.

Two days ago the unimaginable happened when 26 lives - 20 of them young children - were taken suddenly in an attack that is beyond senseless. All weekend long while going about my day, while organizing and shopping for Christmas, these little children and their families were never far from my thoughts. I am sure it was the same for many of us.

Gun laws need to be changed. It is that simple. And that complicated.  It all comes down to profit. When someone is profiting it is a difficult thing to stop.  But it has to. So that guns do not get in to the hands of those that are mentally ill.  So this never happens again.

Like many parents, I have looked at my children this weekend grateful that they are there, that they have not been taken from me much too soon, that they are annoying me with King Kong, and that I am still doing their laundry.







My heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones in Newtown, CT.  
May you somehow find peace.





Comments

Popular Posts