And So This Is Christmas

Somehow I managed to get it all together.  In a flurry of last minute shopping, baking and wrapping, when Christmas arrived I was ready for it.  And it all went without a hitch.  Dad was in good form arriving in style via wheelchair taxi and immediately diving into Christmas treats - clementines, cookies, chocolates and sticky buns, not to mention the gifts.  

Because it is difficult impossible for me to cook Christmas dinner with my Dad home we have started a new tradition (as of last year) of seeing a movie on Christmas night.  Something I didn't think I would ever do - but I do not have family here and the kids had already celebrated with their  Dad's family.  Once my Dad was back at the nursing home off we went to see Les Miserables.  Wonderful movie, perfect for a Christmas night outing.  

Christmas dinner was cooked on boxing day.  I am not a boxing day shopper so this is perfect for me.  A call from my Mother (sounding a lot more like herself) while preparing the turkey - the perfect finish to Christmas. To top it all off,  the snow started falling as we sat down to eat.






Comments

Popular Posts