Feasting in the Forest

We are just back from three days in heaven.  Or, as close to heaven as I think I have been.  A magical spot I have been to often but this time shared with my children.

We spent a day in Southampton.  Touring the village, eating ice-cream cones (my first of the summer) and then the beach. The day was perfection. The ice cream sublime.

Chantry Island Lighthouse, Southampton, Ontario

Yup, the beach is dece
Back at the cabin later I had the rare (lately) enthusiasm to cook a nice meal.  Curried rice with cherries and basil (Meghann's contribution).  Grilled vegetables and kabobs of beef tenderloin and chicken.  

Perhaps it was the change of scenery, being on vacation or a day out of doors but it was so delicious.  So satisfying in every way.  

So lovely to share with my two favourite people in the world in one of my favourite places.


Grilled Veggies

Curried basmati rice with Niagara cherries and fresh basil

My favourite peeps at dinner

Comments

meghann said…
youre so cute mama

Popular Posts