Sweet Time

Hasn't it been a long hard climb
Everything taking it's own sweet time
And hasn't  there been some long, lonely nights
When you didn't think that anything would turn out right?

These are words from a favourite song that I first heard when I was 16 years old, on my first real trip anywhere.  I went to Vancouver Island with my Mother.  She fell in love with the West Coast then, and it wasn't long after that she moved out there permanently. It was a life changing trip for her, and because of that, for me as well.  In between that and the life I live now are many moves, many lessons, many joys, many sorrows and many stories.  Many times I didn't think that anything would turn out right.   Many times that I thought my dreams would never come true. Many times that I thought I was wasting my time.

Maybe I am finally getting IT. Now when I look back - even at the not so good (bad) stuff  - I see that there was something to learn.  There was a need for the lessons.  My life purpose is being fulfilled one day at a time. There are still lessons there for me; there is still growth. I am ready to accept it with more grace and gratefulness.

The flowers in my garden today remind me that everything happens in its own sweet time. 

No time is wasted. Nothing is lost.  All is as it should be.

Peony just about ready to bloom
Poppy thinking about blooming too.. maybe tomorrow
Bell flower.. a little surprise in my garden.
Where did they come from? I don't recall planting them.
A new Lupin with a solitary flower.
How lovely.


Comments

Popular Posts