Selfish Pleasure

Gardening is one thing I do almost entirely for my own pleasure.  It is my "canvas" where I create something that pleases all my senses with colours, textures, scents, tastes and the sounds of the birds and insects that live in and enjoy it. I don't care about what anyone else thinks of my creation.  It is mine.

The garden demands my attention and time, but in a way that is very rewarding and pleasurable to me.  I do not resent a single minute that it asks of me.  In a world that is more and more about buildings, roadways, people and noise it is how I create a tiny island of paradise and peace.

My garden is an expression of myself. Informal, a bit of mix and match, ever changing and growing, sometimes a bit haphazard,  full of  hidden surprises, and a hardiness and resilience that belies a sometimes fragile and delicate appearance.

Without a garden to create, tend to, nurture and enjoy a little (big) part of me would wither and die.






Comments

Popular Posts