Being a Mother has taught me...


to see the world like it was new again 
the magic of a mud pie, a bug, the clouds in the sky
that clothes don’t have to match all the time
that some things are worth doing over and over and over again 
that grilled cheese sandwiches really are the best comfort food
how to say I am sorry and mean it with all my heart
that looking after my children is easier when I look after myself too
that a hug really does make everything better
that there are some battles that don't need to be won
that perhaps dust, crumbs, dishes on the counter, or an unmade bed really don’t matter in the grand scheme of things
to try to be the best person I can be
that time goes by so very quickly
the joy of being totally accepted for who you are
that there is an infinite amount of love in my heart
that I will always be loved

Thank you to my two wonderful children for teaching me so many things every day.
I love you both so much.

Meghann - one day old
Jordan - minutes old

Comments

Popular Posts