Traditions

Traditions and rituals are important to most of us.  They make us feel safe; secure.  They are something we can count on and look forward to.

A couple of days ago my daughter was upset.  "This Christmas doesn't feel the same, everything is different".  I agree, things are not the same, but I think they have been changing for a long time, not just this year.  We have had to adapt our traditions over the past years coinciding with marriages ending, relationships changing, new houses, health issues, and busy schedules just to name a few.  I guess this year particularly it feels like our traditions are "gone".

With 3 days to go till Christmas and shopping, wrapping, and baking still to do, I will try to get it together and give us our traditional Christmas.

To me, the most important tradition is that we are together on Christmas, and that we are healthy and happy. 


  

Comments

Popular Posts