The Gift of Time

I think, if I could have any gift given to me it would be the gift of time.  

Like most people, I want more of it.  More time to do the things I enjoy and to spend with the people I care about.

Time is elusive.  It cannot be seen or touched - definitely not wrapped in a box - but we measure it from the smallest increments to the largest.  Time is always on our minds.  We are either running out of it or have too much on our hands.  Time never seems to come to us in the perfect amount.  When we are doing something we are enjoying we want time to slow down; sometimes we wish it would just stand still.  Other times we itch for it to move faster, watching the clock, watching our lives tick by, a second, a minute, an hour, a day at a time.

If you could turn back time would you?  Or, would you wind it ahead to the next moment; the next day?  Or, like me, would you like to carry time around with you in a box and, when you need to, just put it on a table next to you and have it stand still for as long as you like?



Time is the measurer of all things, but itself is immeasurable, and the grand discloser of all things, but itself is undisclosed.

- Charles Caleb Colton

Comments

Popular Posts