Inspiring words

After listening to Oprah's speech on the Golden Globes last Sunday I found myself both moved and inspired by the strength of her words. No doubt many out there felt the same way. What inspired me most was Oprah's message to speak your truth and live your truth whatever that may be - which is something that is so difficult for many of us and has been very difficult for me.  This post is not about "me too" although, yup, like so many out there "me too". I am using Oprah's message to remind  me  that it is not only okay for me to speak up for myself, it is healthy for me. 

I started this blog as a way to speak up and out without actually speaking out loud.  To write about things that I enjoy, things that inspire and move me, things that bring me joy, or just make me think about what is important in my life has played a big part in healing my soul since "me too".

And so, I am going to get back to blogging regularly. It helps hold me accountable to my dreams and aspirations, to what is meaningful in my life.  I will start with little posts daily, which may sometimes only be a picture and a few words and at other times something more.  I will continue to find my voice through this little blog of mine.

Little things that made me feel happy today.

A delivery of fresh organic veggies, bread and eggs
Dinner ready and waiting when I arrived home from work
Doing yoga with my Buddha watching over me
A warm bath
My books






Comments

Popular Posts