Spring in Training

The outdoors beckoned me today.  I put aside my to do list and rescheduled an appointment and got myself down to the lake for a walk.  I was not the only one with that idea as I passed many smiling faces along the path.

Today was a first for me - raking the the garden in February!  I have done it in March once or twice, but never in February.   I received a couple of funny looks and comments from passersby.  I can't say as I blame them.  Gardening if February is not a common occurrence in this part of the country.  I thought to myself that this is what it must be like in Victoria (BC) where my family lives.

Maybe it was because I missed most of last year's garden season due to my broken ankle that I was such a keener today. Whatever.. it was wonderful to be in the garden and enjoying the fresh air.

If there is an antidote for the winter blues it certainly is a day like today.














My happy feet in the garden.

Comments

Réal said…
"You are a child of the Universe, no less than the trees and the stars". Max Ehrmann
...and your garden...

Popular Posts