Life is Bliss

This is something my father always said. Well, perhaps not always, but certainly after he started meditating regularly back in the 70's. No matter what was happening in his world or in the world in general this was his philosophy. "Life is bliss".

For life to be so, one must first understand that our "reality" is an illusion from which we need to awaken, and that as we awaken we reach a higher state of consciousness or enlightenment. By seeing life as an illusion and truly believing it is so then life truly is bliss.

My father lived the majority of his adult life by this philosophy and even though his last few years were physically difficult living with LBD, he still retained his blissful state. The way my father chose to live his life and many of his beliefs I am only now beginning to truly comprehend. He has been my teacher, more so now than he was when he was alive.

I dream of my father often. In my dreams he is well - his physical and mental self before LBD. I have finally realized he comes to me in my dreams to let me know that he is indeed well and blissful in his new "reality"of enlightenment no longer confined to his human body.

Keep visiting my dreams Dad, for I am learning.


Comments

Réal said…
I perfectly agree with Don when he said Life is Bliss. We are spiritual beings having a human experience and Bliss is an important component of life when we realize it.

Here is a quote of Rama Tirtha: I am without form, without limit, beyond space, beyond time, I am everything, everything is in me. I am the Bliss of the universe, everywhere am I.

...and remember that life is about journey, not the destination.
Allison said…
Hello Real, Yes life is certainly about the journey. We are all on our own path, navigating this life. It is always good to have wise teachers who help us along, like Dad and you.

Popular Posts