Spring into Summer

Virtually overnight it seems we went from a cold spring to hot summer.  The temperatures the past few days have been more like mid July than end of May.  While I love summer, it is too early to be this hot.

Summer bloomers are starting to come up and the spring flowers are fading quickly.  The lilac blooms which usually last a couple of weeks are drying up in the heat.

I took a slow moving, broken footed tour around the front garden early this morning with my camera to check on what was happening in the garden.   As I checked on the blooms I thought of how the front garden might change after the removal of the large ash tree on our property.  It provides quite a bit of shade and whatever gets planted in its place is going to take a long time to grow.  Ah well.  I will miss the tree but I knew it was coming as the EAB is ravaging the ash trees.

Along with the pleasure I get from seeing things growing and blooming I was rewarded with a few mosquito bites - first of the season.




A sea of purple - chives, columbine and alium


Bachelor's button


Columbine


Lady's mantle


Miss Kim Lilac


I can hardly wait for these to bloom - peony bud


Ground phlox and sweet woodruff


Spurge


White candytuft


Alpine flower (not sure of the name)



Comments

Popular Posts