Planting Weekend

We were blessed to have glorious weather for the first long weekend of the season with clear blue skies and warm temperatures.

Determined not to let my newly acquired footwear ruin the weekend planting plans my daughter and I set out to the nursery on Saturday morning to buy some annuals for the pots.  Along the way we saw the signs for a plant sale at a local house that has the most beautiful and bountiful perennial gardens. We bought a few things to add to our own beds - bearded iris, hosta, baby's breath, coneflower, white speedwell, and anemone.

Once home my daughter set to work weeding and planting.  I helped as much as I could while sitting (which was not much)  While I had willing and able helpers in the garden this weekend I missed the joy I get from weeding, digging and planting; feeling the garden.  I was happy to be able to hobble about with the hose for a bit and water the freshly planted vegetable beds.

I had to take pictures from my trusty Muskoka chair since I do not have hands free to walk around with my camera yet.  I hope to become more mobile with each day and snap off some more pictures of all the lovelies sprouting in the garden.



The bird feeders attract more than birds. 





We had many colourful birds this weekend.  I love seeing the tiny gold finches.  We had a brief visit from an Oriole when my camera was not near me.  
Hopefully it will return.


Lazy squirrel


New leaves



Newly planted pots


This red winged blackbird was determined to eat through the shower of the sprinkler


Pretty tulips


The blogger, one legged watering.



Comments

Popular Posts