A Long and Winding Path


My life path has taken me in and out and around many different things;  long and winding.  At times I feel I am nearing the centre, finding the place I feel I am meant to be and then suddenly I find myself far away from the centre, walking the outskirts, wandering aimlessly, wondering again how to get back to that sacred middle ground.

The outskirts of my path seem to be the rocky ones, filled with obstacles and uncertainty of direction. There are long periods of time where I must pause and consider which way to go.  There are long periods of inertia, no movement at all.  There are times when for every two steps there is one back.  The path is filled with many questions and few answers.  There is fear of going the wrong way. Then once again, something urges me forward and I work my way towards the centre; hoping this time I will reach it; or at least get closer.

Unlike my life path, on a labyrinth there is fixed path to the centre.  Though it winds in and out and seemingly back far from the centre it does eventually get there.  I hope too for my life that I will eventually get there.


Labyrinth - Grace Cathedral, San Fransisco



Flower Labyrinth Bruce Peninsula




“Accepting that life is insane, that bad things happen to good people and that you can find the courage to be grateful for the good in every situation and still move forward is hard (even terrifying), but HEROIC.”

~Richie Norton


Comments

Popular Posts