Garden Goodbyes

Suddenly it is November.  I thought there would be more time for putting the garden to bed but already I found the earth in the pots frozen (it snowed yesterday!!). And so the sad chore of saying goodbye to the gardening season had to be done.  



As I pull out the wilted begonias and nasturtiums, and tear down the bean vines,  I am amazed at how much the garden (my life) has changed in the short growing season since I planted them.  

The garden (life) changes when you add something new.  You wonder how will it work, will it fit in? 
And then one day you see it has fit in just fine, and your garden (life) is richer and fuller than it was before.




It was warm enough in the sun to enjoy a coffee (and Halloween KitKat) in the Muskoka chairs. 
They won't be put away yet .. just in case.



The berries on the vines are bright blue in the sun.

The second (late) crop of raspberries that didn't get a chance.

Goodbye sunflowers. 

A last pepper hangs on for dear life.


Jack enjoys bird watching in the sun


Comments

Réal said…
Natural abundance... Automn leaves... I love your blog Allison! It is a nice way to follow you along the way... I just would have wished that Don could follow you as well...
Allison said…
Thank you, I wish the same. He enjoyed the outdoors and the birds like I do. He took some amazing pictures when he was living in Huntsville and Boone.

Popular Posts