Towards the Sun


The days are getting shorter and so I find myself chasing the sun.  In the morning when I walk, it is dark when I start out and then the sun is just peeking over the horizon as I finish.  I drive to work with the sun in my eyes.  My day is spent in my office where I do have a little window but there is a big (really big) tree shading any light.  I drive home with the sun in my eyes racing the clock. Tick tock tick tock.  How much time till the sun is gone for the evening?  I rush in to change into some clothes fit for the deck where I soak up what remains of the sun for the day.   Today the sun set at 7:23 pm. Losing approximately 2 minutes a day.. how many days now until there is no sun when I get home at 5:30?  I could calculate this mathematically but the answer would still be the same as my simple one: too few.




Looking into the cloudless blue sky


Towards the sun


A glass of wine in what remains of the sunlight


Jack seeks the sun too, as cats do.

Comments

Popular Posts