Last Weekend of Summer

Mother Nature treated us to a warm farewell to the last weekend of Summer as it ends officially tomorrow (September 22).  Warm temperatures, sun and a lovely breeze lured me outside from my indoor chores and I enjoyed every moment knowing what is lurking around the corner (Winter).



Jack sharpening his claws on my barrel pot.  

I think he considers himself to be a great hunter but he is too slow (thankfully). Judging by the boldness of the squirrels and birds in the backyard that don't seem worried by his presence I think word has gotten around that he is not a threat.


Nasties in the afternoon sun


September berries perhaps?


Last crop of lettuce for the season 


Tomatoes trying to ripen up



I picked a posey of nasturtiums, hydrangea, brown eyed susans and lavender.  


Officially the last G&T of summer. 
Hopefully there will be Autumn G&T still to be enjoyed on the deck though October.


Comments

Popular Posts