Indoor Gardening

Finally I have planted some seeds hoping that in the 6 weeks it will take for these seedlings to sprout the soil may warm up enough to transplant them. I say may hesitantly since today was another very cold day.  The ground is still frozen solid. I am desperate to pull apart my winter urns (which are well past their best before date) and plant some pansies.  I am craving colour after the monochromatic days which we have been living in for months.

This is my first time starting seeds indoors. I am not sure how successful it will be since I don't have quite enough direct sunlight for them, but I am hopeful.  My seedlings are a strange mix.  Scarlet flax (the seeds were exactly like the flax seeds I eat!); an heirloom tomato mix (very excited about those); hollyhocks (a flower I have a deep affection for); cilantro (my daughter puts it in everything); lobelia (a summer staple) and nasturtiums (going to try a salad out of these this year).





The tall green one is a blueberry.  A mate for my single blueberry that is apparently lonely and won't bear fruit without a partner.  Who knew?


Comments

Popular Posts