If you want to be happy

just BE

I read this motto recently and I thought to myself, "yes, you are right". Perhaps the secret to happiness is just that simple. A decision to just be happy.  I am not talking about the *over-the-top-everything-is-super-duper-fantastic-all-the-time* sort of happiness, but the kind where there is a contentment with life and a secret smile sort of happiness. 

I read this article this week too.  Upper Limit Problem.  It makes sense to me.  I think I have a major problem with happiness.  Too much of it makes me uncomfortable.  Guilty. Like I shouldn't be happy;  like it's not allowed.  

Now that I am more aware of it I am going to do my best not to put the lid on my happiness more than I need to. There are enough things in this world to put a damper on your happiness without conjuring up reasons to be unhappy. Although I will never be one of *those* people I would like to smile more readily, laugh more often, and just be content in being happy.




Comments

Popular Posts