A Week

has gone by since my last post (sounds a bit like a confessional)

I want to write more but lately I feel a block.  I am trying not to stress about it thinking it will pass and the words will one day flow again more easily as they used to.  I read one of the blogs I follow today and it seems I am not the only one who has this problem from time to time.  Her advice was to not worry about who is reading your blog; write for yourself; have no goal; to read a lot and to practice.  Good advice.  Lately I have had a hard time reading too.  And taking photos. Maybe it is all related.

Anyway, dear readers, a week has gone by since my last blog and it has been a busy but good one.  Last weekend a wedding (not mine) and two Thanksgiving dinners (one cooked by me and the other by someone else and I was a lucky - and thankful - guest).  After the all the dinners were over I had a vacation week in front of me for which I had planned nothing (not that I didn't have lots on my list that I could do).  I had a beautiful day working in the garden, preparing for winter, putting the deck furniture away, raking leaves. Hard but satisfying work.  Very wisely I had booked a massage for the following day. The following day there were carpets to clean and windows to wash.  Boy, I know how to take a vacation :)

Then there was the birthday celebration - mine.  My birthday is a time of reflection for me. Taking stock; thinking of the future.  I started the day with Yoga and a long bath followed by a long walk with my son and taking lots of photos.  I bought myself (actually the house) a present.  We had a lovely dinner of French onion soup and salad followed by the best pumpkin spice cupcakes I have ever had. All prepared by my daughter. There were tears reading the cards (my son wins the award for writing the most heart touching cards) and gifts (yay).  

Today my daughter and I went for pedicures (her gift to me).  A pedicure is a decadence that I would give up lots of other things to do.  Then a bit of shopping (no buying) followed by yet more household organizing.

And that brings the week up to date, to where I sit now, blogging, catching up and hopefully undoing my writers block.

Best ever pumpkin spicecupcakes

Birthday walk






Comments

Popular Posts