Walking in a Winter Wonderland

Last night we had a pretty snowfall.  Big soft snowflakes. The kind of snow that makes you think winter is wonderful.  


After a very restless night and too many bad dreams I woke feeling sloth-like this morning.  Gone was any motivation to do anything I had "planned" for the weekend.  It has been a tiring and emotional few weeks and perhaps I had reached my limit.  Whatever it was that had gotten into me, a cup of tea in bed with my book was all I felt like doing.  

Then the sun started to come through my bedroom window.  Hmmmmm .... sun, fresh snow, fresh air... I hauled myself of bed and dressed for a winter walk.



As soon as I went out the door I was happy that I hadn't given in to whatever it was that wanted to keep me under the covers hiding from the world.










Being outdoors and walking is the best way for me to shake "the blues" away.  I can hide from the world another day.

Maybe.




Comments

Popular Posts