City Walk

A walk in a city (Victoria, B.C.) that isn't mine, but one that I know fairly well.  I am not a resident (though I did live here many years ago), nor a tourist.  What brought me out this time was not a holiday - but that is a story for another day.  On this day I needed a walk to see the ocean.

Not far from my starting point - a church 
A lovely thing in a city that doesn't see a lot of sunshine - colourful houses
A very nice market on Yates Street.
The quilt shop where my Mother likes to buy fabrics for her sewing projects
What we are all searching for it seems
A lovely book store and a very nice place for coffee or tea - Murchies
Bastion Square flagged by two pubs - one of which my sisters and I sampled later in the week
Famous Rogers Chocolates 

The Empress Hotel
At almost $300 per night a lovely treat for some lucky visitors
Victoria Parliament Buildings
The inner harbour
Float plane on the inner harbour
This was the extent of my ocean fix for this visit
How sad

Comments

Popular Posts