And Life Goes On..

....for the rest of us - for those of us not impacted by the devastation of a natural disaster called Sandy.  We all know that this type of thing happens all over the world. We are distanced from it by geography much of the time.  We go on, life goes on. 

This time it was close to home - at least what I call home. And for millions of people in the North Eastern United States it was home.  

I really don't know how I would react, how I would cope, to wake up to a flooded street, flooded house.  To no power - for days. To feeling helpless and isolated. To know that there was a long road ahead to getting back to normal.  I suppose shock would be followed by action, I am not sure.

I think it would be good for the rest of us to remember that none of us is immune from a natural disaster like this one.  It could easily be you, your family, your friends.

Nothing I can write or say seems enough. I can offer nothing but my thoughts, prayers and wishes for strength of endurance for those who are suffering and displaced from the storm. 






Comments

Popular Posts