Early Spring? Bring it on.

Although it has not been the harshest of winters, I am still more than ready to say goodbye to boots, coats, gloves, the cold, the grey skies and the short days.  I was pretty happy when Willie did not see his shadow this morning.  Not that I believe in that stuff.

I need something to give me hope that the sun will once again warm my skin (and not just though the kitchen window).  I long for hours of daylight after arriving home from work.  I want to feel the grass beneath my - manicured for a reason - toes.  I want to wear summer dresses and have long cold drinks on the deck.  I want to run through fields of flowers (hey, doesn't everyone?).



I am sure there are plenty of people who enjoy winter (not that I personally know any of those people), but I am not one of them.  I will tolerate it.  I will try to make the best of it.  But I really don't like it.

Goodbye Winter.. Hello Spring!

p.s. Punxsutawney Phil -  I am choosing not to listen to you.

Comments

Popular Posts