Born This Way

Not thin enough, not pretty enough, not smart enough, not funny enough, not popular enough, not athletic enough, not rich enough, not artistic enough, not brave enough.

NOT ENOUGH.

At one point or another I have thought all those things about myself.

At what point in our lives do these thoughts seep in?  These harsh opinions of ourselves?

We are not born this way -  disliking and disrespecting ourselves. It happens somewhere along the road of our childhood. Perhaps reinforced by our caregivers, our peers, or the ideals our society looks up to.

At what point can we look at ourselves and know that we are good enough? We are not perfect but we are OK as we are. 

Love your body and treat it well with good healthy food, exercise and enough sleep.
Love your mind and give it rest by quietening it.
Love your spirit and do the things that make you feel joy .

I will admit that I am not Lady Gaga's biggest fan although a few of her songs are pretty catchy and fun to dance to.  I find her a bit over-the-top.  I do, however, have a lot admiration for anyone who supports self respect (Born This Way sends the right message) and uses their own fame get that message across to our most vulnerable - our teenagers.


me.. born this way .. age 47

me age 40

me age 20

me age 10


Comments

Popular Posts