Restoring Balance


One thing I don’t do very well is to invest in down time for myself.  As it was a holiday today (Family Day) I decided it was going to be a day at home with no chance of running around doing errands or shopping (I let my son borrow the car for the day).

I enjoy an at home day, but I am not good at doing nothing.  My relaxation came in the way of baking cookies while watching the birds (and the squirrels).  For me it is all about balancing enjoyable activities around the not so enjoyable ones.  Most days there is a big tip of the scale.  Today was all about trying to restore some balance to carry me through the week.




Enjoying the tulips



Keeping an eye on the squirrels and birds outside the kitchen door.










Jack has no problem investing in down time.



Comments

Popular Posts