Soup Therapy

Soup. What's not to love?.

Pure comfort food.

Not only is it comforting to eat, it is comforting to make.

After what feels like weeks of hustle and bustle I was quite content to stay in today and putter around the house.  The house is clean and Christmas is put away for another year.  My "new"* office space is mostly put together,  and feeling a bit more like "my" space.  Something about being organized makes everything better.

While the wind blew outside I chopped, peacefully alone with my thoughts.  There was no hurry.  It is nice to make something that takes some time when you have the time.  

Today's soup making was nourishing for my mind, body and soul.


The recipe is Barefoot Contessa's Winter Minestrone from her cookbook Foolproof.



Finished product - yum



* It's not really new, just reclaimed.  More about that on a separate blog.

Comments

Popular Posts