You Are Here

Ever since I read this sign saying "you are here" I have been thinking about it.

ALOT


You are here.

Where else could I be?

The only place I can be right now is here. In this moment, in this place.

I believe that where I am is where I am meant to be even though  at times I feel I am lost; like I took a wrong turn somewhere along the way.   Then there are other times it feels I am on a path I have walked before, familiar somehow.

Sometimes here is not where I want to be at all.

The walk on the path of life is similar in many ways to the hike we are taking along the Bruce Trail.

Like the dawn of each new day, when everything seems fresh like a new beginning - a clean slate -  at the beginning of every new hike there is the excitement of the unknown; of things yet unseen and undiscovered. 

In everyone's life there are daily struggles, and at times bigger challenges and setbacks.  There are also periods of smooth sailing when it feels like the universe is on our side and we are living with ease.  

Similarly, along the Bruce Trail the hike can feel difficult,  long, and a struggle to finish. There are times of feeling like we are not going the right way, and we look carefully for the signs indicating we are on the right path. Many other hikes are a breeze and a pleasure.  On all hikes there are peaks and valleys, unknowns around corners when we can't see the path ahead.  There are times when we need to tread carefully along the trail, paying attention to nothing but what is underfoot, and other times when we can walk freely gazing at the beauty around us.  

When you choose to meet the challenges of life head on, when you see how far you have come and how much you have learned along the way you are accomplishing a great thing; the growth of your soul and another step along your path.

At the end of each leg of our hike is an immense feeling of accomplishment; that we have navigated another path and come out where we were meant to be.

With another unfamiliar trail in front of us.

And yet another sign saying "you are here".

And I will smile and think to myself, "I may be "here", but I certainly have not yet arrived".





"...I'm going to assume you are suffering from time famine, creeping dread, or - worst case - a tolerable and comfortable existence doing something unfulfilling. The last is the most common and most insidious."

Tim Ferris

Comments

Réal said…
I have arrived. I am home. My destination is in every step. Thich Nhat Hanh

Popular Posts