Last Day of The Year

As 2015 wraps up I can't help but to pause and reflect on a year that has been one of ups and downs both figuratively and literally.  Maybe most are.

It started off cold and dreary as most Januaries do. My Father's passing in February was profoundly sad and grief lingers, a constant companion.  Come Spring there was the anticipation of the garden which was to be much ignored. Instead, there were weekend trips and many hikes; discovering new places and re-visiting familiar much loved places. Autumn brought a trip over the mountains to visit family and putting to bed the jungle of a garden until warmer months return. Winter has officially started, there are still many days to get through until we have more light and warmth, but already I am looking ahead to Spring, the garden, the return to hiking. Before that there will be a trip to warmer climates to get us through.

Looking back at the year in my blog postings I realize I have not written much this year. Perhaps I have spent too much time internalizing. Then again perhaps that is what I needed to do.  In any case I plan to have my camera out more in the coming year and to document the year ahead (garden and otherwise) more fully in this blog.

I do not usually set resolutions for the New Year, but I am setting goals for myself.  I am hopeful that 2016 will be a year of positive growth and change for me as I move towards setting dreams into motion being my most creative self.

I wish everyone a New Year that is abundantly full of joy, peace, and love.



Comments

Réal said…
Dear Allison,

Just to wish you a very cosmic new year 2016 with

• 4 seasons of love and friendship
• 52 weeks of health
• 12 months of success in everything you do
• 1 year of happiness
• 365 days of joy, happiness, health, satisfaction and full enlightenment

I will be silent with activities minimized starting tonight until January 8th pm 2016 with surely a thought for Don.

Popular Posts