Have you ever wondered....

what it would be like to be your child self again?  
To see the world like a child sees?  
Where everything is new and wonderful?

I have been struggling lately.  I am in a place where everything seems difficult with little room for wonder.  The little struggles of everyday life seem insurmountable.  It is a scary place to be, but one I am familiar with.  I know the things I have to do to help me through this rough patch and I do them - on autopilot at times - but knowing that it helps:  yoga, walking, being outside, being creative, bubble baths, taking some quiet moments (like  now).

A couple of weeks ago an email arrived to my inbox from a truly gifted woman asking if I would like to join her in Cultivating Wonder.   Yes!!!   Without even skipping a beat I had joined up for a 21 day field trip of wonder to remind me how to find and see wonder in every day.  Kismet.  It was just what I needed at that moment and a reminder that the Universe supports us even when we don't think so.

What is Wonder?

To each person it will be something a little different.  To me it is the little things that make me feel there is a little bit of magic in the world.  Wonder fills my heart; I feel calm, filled with a sense of peace.  I can find wonder easily in nature; from the sight of a tiny woolly bear caterpillar; to sweeping landscapes; to the wonder of the night sky.

If you take the time to look and see there are so many places to find wonder and magic in the world. Music that sends chills down your spine, that gives you goosebumps.  That is wonder.   The sound of a child's laughter, their smile, their little hand in yours.  Artwork that speaks to your soul.  Ancient things and places that make you feel new and small.  Wonder is where you look.  It is right in front of you if you open your eyes to it.

I think we can all use a little bit of wonder in our lives.  We need to remind ourselves that even with all the tragedy and violence in the world that there still is good; that there is magic; goodness and light.

A look back at a few sights that have filled me with wonder
















Ever since I started this course there has been a continuous loop in my head of the song "I Hope You Dance"


I hope you never lose your sense of wonder,

You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger,
May you never take one single breath for granted,
GOD forbid love ever leave you empty handed,
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.

I hope you dance....I hope you dance.

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance,
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Livin' might mean takin' chances but they're worth takin',
Lovin' might be a mistake but it's worth makin',
Don't let some hell bent heart leave you bitter,
When you come close to sellin' out reconsider,
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.

I hope you dance....I hope you dance.
I hope you dance....I hope you dance.
(Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along,
Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone.)

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance, 
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance. 

Dance....I hope you dance. 
I hope you dance....I hope you dance. 
I hope you dance....I hope you dance.. 
(Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along 
Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone)

Comments

Popular Posts