An intimate relationship.... with my garden

I will admit that I am bit of a haphazard gardener.  When I pick plants I don't give too much consideration to the look of the garden as a whole but rather I pick things that as individuals please me in some way.  Flowers and shrubs are picked for their "personality"* and colour rather than their fit with the rest of the plants. I love to get up close and personal with my flowers.  They are so magnificent and miraculous to observe. Each flower and leaf is artwork.  Somehow my instinctive gardening works for the most part.  What doesn't gets relocated or removed.  Having a perfect garden is the one thing I don't stress too much about.  Time spent working in and enjoying my garden is both my serenity and sanity. Therefore, I do in the garden what pleases me and I don't concern myself with what anyone else thinks of it.  When I look upon it, it gives me great joy, and that is all that matters.


Super snazzy burst! - Allium

Delicate hearts - Bleeding Heart

Jazzy little flower bursts - Chives

Super fragrant purple massed flowers - Lilac

Delicate purple laced petals - Portulaca

Happy white blooms with a golden centre - Strawberry



* yes I believe that plants have personality!


Comments

Popular Posts