Goodbyes

It is often difficult to part and to say goodbye even when you know the time has come.  Today I say a fond farewell to my long time and trusted pair of hiking boots.  It is a difficult separation for me though I know it must be done.  

My boots are comfortable and worn in to mold my feet.  They are not just any footwear, they are an extension of me.  They have memories and miles attached to them.  They have been with me on endless walks near home, put on many miles on all around Ontario and across the country to Vancouver Island.  They have been with me through tough times when walking and hiking was the cure to many pains.  They have been there making happy memories with me along the way. They never complained about the weather or the terrain.  I trusted them to do their job and they did it as long as they could.



Now it is time for something new.  I am hesitant and doubtful.  How will these new boots ever replace my old ones?  I must give myself over to them and test them out and get to know them and to trust them.  They will have to earn my trust as they keep me steady and comfortable while I walk and hike on new adventures.



They will become more than just a pair of boots to me.








Comments

Réal said…
Allison, you let them go but at the same time a new pair is waiting for attachment!!!! Réal

Popular Posts