Dinner for one, without apology

I like being alone.
I need my alone time.
Sometimes - not always.

When an unexpected evening of alone time arises, I revel in it.  I can do what I want, when I want, I can eat what I want, when I want.  I can put myself first.

Don't get me wrong.  I love the people I live with.  I love my time with them.  Love the moments and we have as a family and the memories we make together.  

But I am an introvert (mostly). I need to recharge my batteries and I need quiet time alone to do it.

I will state freely that I believe that anyone who is an extrovert will have a hard time understanding an introverts need for alone and quiet time.  An extrovert needs people contact to energize.  I get my fill (and then some) of people contact at work.  In the evenings I need to find a way to get back some of what that contact has sucked away from me.  

I would happily live out in the country far away from people.  I could fill my people contact by trips to the grocery store, telephone calls and the occasional get together.  For now however, the occasional night to myself, solitary walks, a soak in the tub,  and pulling weeds will be my recharge time.

There was a time when I would apologize for loving time to myself.   No longer.  For those of you that love me and have to live with me,  understand that some alone time is what will keep me balanced and happy - and trust me when I say it will be easier to love me in that state :)




Comments

Réal said…
I like it!!!

Like you I like to be alone externally but internally with a calm mind i'm never alone with Brahman-ji ... I take all my meals in silence since 20 years and I love it!

Popular Posts