Dear Pizano

There are tears today, feelings are raw as the finality of your death sinks in.

We have lost a father, a grandfather and a friend.

I have lost my teacher and I am not done learning! Who will remind me to stay true to my path; that there are no mistakes only lessons; that life is short so eat desert first?

As we prepare for your cremation today I can feel you all around me.  I am relieved that you are no longer a prisoner of your physical body;  a body that did not serve you well these past few years.

As I saw the moon shining in the clear sky early this morning I could feel you looking down; the man on the moon.  I am happy you got your full moon.

As we prepare for your final ceremony here on this earth -  at this time - it is the anniversary of the death of the Maharishi.   You will like that.

I will forever remember the feel of your hand in mine as it was in your last days on earth.  You are still my father and I love you always.

Jai Guru Dev

Allison


Meghann and I created our first traditional Indian garland (Garja) for Dad.







Tunic for Dad in the traditional Indian style.





"When someone dies, it is because at that point their karma has become insurmountable in the present body.  It is not possible to understand why death had to come when it did and there is certainly no point in assuming responsibility and guilt.  The course of action is unfathomable.  However, especially for someone on the path of speedy evolution, the transition is purely evolutionary.  They go to the celestial realms, or are reborn almost immediately.
When life leaves the body, it is the breath leaving, like transcending.  For one who has been accustomed to this experience for many years, the transition is easy, painless, and blissful not catastrophic.  Dropping the body is like letting a bird out of its cage.
Grief is natural.  At first when grief is deep and sharp, these emotions of the family and friends allow the soul to feel that they were loved very deeply.  It is also natural that the grieving should taper off, allowing for the soul to feel that their passing was not  drag on the life of their loved ones, and that they are free to move on to their destiny.  It is important to feel positivity and support for the departed soul wherever they be, because our attitude affects their evolution." 
Maharishi Mahesh Yogi


Comments

Popular Posts